If you are shopping around for a website, and have not really been down this road before, we would like to offer 5 helpful tips to let you know how to single out some great opportunities.
- Beware of the “bargain website” deals you see all over the web. If it is too good to be true, then get ready for some surprises. You wouldn’t buy a $99 car would you? The great majority of all the web development horror stories start out as “bargains” people couldn’t pass up.
- Look through portfolios – Nothing gives you a better sense of the quality of work a web development company does better than their portfolios. Everyone will tell you “yes we can build you a great looking website,” but you be the judge. Request to see examples of past work.
- Don’t let your thrifty nature get the best of you – Keep in mind that promotion in any format is all about getting results, and whatever you put out there for the world to see will either help you or hurt you. Quality website development will cost you a bit more, but a “cheap looking” website will cost your company more in lost business than you ever thought possible. Websites are truly an investment, so do it right the first time.
- Ask what comes with a website – Do you get any warranties, search engine optimization (SEO) services, or consulting? Are there any hosting requirements, or annual contracts that you need to be aware of? What are the rates if you need to update the site later? These are all great questions to get a better understanding of the big picture.
- Work with professionals – True professionals are in it to help you succeed, not just take your money. They know all the obstacles and best practices, and will not hesitate to give you advice on ways you can get outstanding results. So how do you separate the pros from the rest? One word: references. Great website developers always leave a trail of happy customers. You can either ask them for references, or browse their portfolios and start calling people they have worked with.
Follow these simple steps, and your odds of selecting the right website development professional(s) go up dramatically. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact your friends at FORIX.