As a director of the Forix creative department, you will be responsible for advising clients on best usability practices in the realm of e-commerce, web, and mobile. You are a subject matter expert when it comes to usability and user experience. Additionally, you will execute projects through research, planning, and wireframes within scope and on deadline.
The Creative Director position is responsible for leading and developing members of the creative team to meet both company and client objectives successfully.
Under the direction of Executive management, Sr. team members, and key project stakeholders (Project Management, Site-Operations, and the Client) you will create, on your own and as a team, a variety of usability deliverables such as UX audits and recommendations, analytic reports, wireframes and planning documents, flow charts, user stories and archetypes, and other usability documents. Project work will span a variety of e-commerce industries, such as apparel, outdoor gear, scientific equipment, perishable goods, and more.
- Full-time, exempt with benefits
- Position Status: Director
- Location: In office, with occasional travel
- Project Load: Oversees design quality of all projects in creative department; manages 2 of own projects concurrently for “A-List” clients
- Salary: DOE
- Manages: 2 to 8+ direct reports
- Reports to: Executive Team
Prerequisites for Hire
- E-Commerce experience is a must, with proficient knowledge of native Magento functionality preferred, as it impacts planning phases, wireframes, and explaining functionality to clients.
- Formal training in HTML, CSS, design, and development methodologies.
- Additional technical mastery with experience coding or designing software. A profound understanding of information architecture and how systems are expected to integrate (via understanding flows, etc).
- Training/Industry Experience: 2 to 4 years of college or equivalent work experience in the technical/agency space.
- Design Experience: 7 to 15+ years experience in graphic design, usability, &/or digital technologies
- Management Experience: 2+ years as a team lead or manager
- Collaborative and team-oriented with excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong work ethic with exceptional project management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment developing creative designs within tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with how to read and interpret Google Analytics as it pertains to e-commerce.
- Proficient in design, including sketching, concept creation, wireframing, producing sitemaps and taxonomies, and using Sketch, InVision, Craft, Box, Basecamp or current design software.
Core Competencies to Master
In addition to all of the core competencies of UX and Design roles, must also independently handle:
- Effectively manage and forecast resource needs for department to meet project load. Assign projects accordingly and notify management team to increase/decrease resources, as needed
- Is capable of screening, interviewing, making hiring and firing recommendations and carrying out these duties to ensure productivity obligations are met
- Drive growth and direction of US Creative Department including hiring plans, position development, and updates
- Is responsible for the UX/creative team’s ability to meet deadlines and deliver superior work to the expectation level relevant to our pricing.
- Is expected to meet company benchmarks and targets (KPIs) that define success for that portion of the project and the total project outcome overall.
- Drives company forward by implementing best practices that improve UX pattern library, M2T template, and overall process
- Communicates across departments to ensure seamless workflow & improvement of processes
- Co-owns the pattern & template libraries. Coordinates with internal team to ideate, implement, and iterate
- Conduct “official” quarterly one-on-ones and annual evaluations with all members of US creative department. Quarterlies include establishing, maintaining, and tracking growth plans and discussing employee performance
- Review vacation, sick, and PTO requests for all members of US creative department
- Ensures process and documentation is maintained and up-to-date
- Attend weekly management meetings and assist in refining and upholding company missions and policies
- Actively present to clients with the sales team during pitches, and play a distinct speaking role, providing relevant examples of past work to help the client see what is possible.
Goals of Position
- Master listed competencies.
- Ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of team members and put them on plans that best adhere to the needs of the company so that the individuals can advance in their value, knowledge and understanding.
- Understand what the goals of the company are and build the US creative department around accomplishing those objectives
- Execute programs against KPIs, set by Director & Executive team, and report to management team
- Drive company initiatives, policies and set the performance & productivity standards for each member of the department
- Ensure that US & VN teams always have a sufficient workload. Proactively assign individual workloads with tasks from Site Ops, Marketing, internal improvements projects, &/or ideas/upsells for new projects
- Play a critical role in client strategic planning and sales process. This position exists to provide comprehensive solutions to business problems.
- Communicate the importance of executing growth plans to C-level executives across multiple companies.
We’re committed to maintaining a motivated, positive work environment with people who share, demonstrate and live our core values. Take pride in working for a company that lives its core values, defines and pursues its vision and mission/purpose, and continually provides tangible value and benefit to its employees and our clients.
Our benefits include:
- 401K plan
- Employee medical coverage
- Vision prescription plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Account management bonus program
- Work from home days
Additional Perks Include:
- Bottomless coffee
- Ping Pong
- Company lunches and outings
- Snacks and beverages
- Open office space environment
- Conveniently located near the Goose Hollow MAX station
- Classic game consoles with Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat, and more!
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please:
- Apply via email to this post with the message subject of “Creative Director”.
- Include in the body of your email in 150 words or less why you believe you’re the right person for this role, and your salary requirements.
- Include your resume as a PDF attachement.
- Attach or include a link to your UX portfolio (include a case study that shows your design process – we want to know how you think and strategize)
Responses not including this info will not be considered.
Forix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com