As a member of the Forix creative department, you will be responsible for setting initial design direction on new client projects, presenting designs, and collaborating with our design team to ensure design vision is executed on from start to finish. Under the direction of the Director of Experience Design and key project stakeholders (Project Management, Sales, Client) you will create, on your own and as a team, a variety of design deliverables such as mood boards, websites, and style guides. Project work will span a variety of e-commerce industries, such as apparel, outdoor gear, scientific equipment, perishable goods, and more.
- Position Type: Full-time, exempt with benefits
- Daily Hours: 10AM – 7PM, M-F
- Reports To: Director of Experience Design
- Formal training in HTML, CSS, design, and development methodologies.
- Mastery of key software: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, & InVision
- Training/Industry Experience: 2 to 4 years of college or equivalent work experience in the technical/agency space
- Design Experience: 4 to 7 years experience in digital agency or client side marketing team is a design capacity
- Ability to work independently; managing own time and projects
- Collaborative and team-oriented with excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong work ethic with exceptional project management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment developing creative designs within tight deadlines
Responsibilities & Requirements of Role:
- Planning: Effectively plans own work, executing against deadlines. Finds ways to maximize the efficiency in creative department processes.
- Project Requirements: Understands project requirements from Statement of Work and clarifies any issues in the SOW that need more refinement from the client and/or salesperson.
- Travel: Occasional travel to clients’ headquarters for kickoffs or other meetings, as needed.
- Presentation: Advocate for good design, including presenting and explaining design reasoning with enthusiasm and professionalism in client facing meetings.
- Facilitation: Able to keep design meetings on track by refocusing attendees on high-level design goals, agendas, and time-constraints.
- Design: Gets hands dirty to do the actual design that will set direction for the project. This includes selecting web appropriate fonts, color palettes, iconography, and a deep understanding of how good design elevates usability.
- Initiative: Successfully drives design phase of project; including but not limited to managing your own project timelines, creation of design specs & designs, scheduling internal review meetings, implementing feedback on timeline, and advocating for best practices throughout process.
- Reviews: Actively plans time for and initiates in-person reviews needed throughout planning phase with Director. Additionally, responsible for ensuring client and internal team have reviewed and approved design and resolved open issues.
We’re committed to maintaining a motivated, positive work environment with people who share, demonstrate and live our core values. Take pride in working for a company that lives its core values, defines and pursues its vision and mission/purpose, and continually provides tangible value and benefit to its employees and our clients.
Our benefits include:
- 401K plan
- Employee medical coverage
- Prescription plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Account management bonus program
- Work from home days
Additional Perks Include:
- Bottomless coffee
- Ping Pong
- Company lunches and outings
- Snacks and beverages
- Open office space environment
- Conveniently located near the Goose Hollow MAX station
- Classic game consoles with Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat, and more!
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please apply to this post below.
- Include in the body of your email in 150 words or less why you believe you’re the right person for this role, and your salary requirements.
- Include your resume as a PDF attachement.
- Attach or link to your design portfolio (include a case study that shows your design process – we want to know how you think and strategize).
Responses not including this info will not be considered.
Forix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com